13 May 2010

Staying up to date

After just 2 days of the festival, there is already a lot to talk about! Film execs making deals and taking on new jobs, filmmakers sticking their noses out there to get noticed, and celeb-gawkers and film buffs alike just trying to catch a glimpse of stars like of Russel Crowe and Kate Beckinsale.

ROBIN HOOD, the opening night selection for the festival, has drawn so-so reviews, and has even been called "doomed" due to its lacking narrative, among other factors.

So, how does one decide what films to see in Cannes (in hopes of avoiding flops like ROBIN HOOD)? Well, as you'd expect, much of it depends on what's available! I am lucky enough to be "accredited," which means I can watch films the day after their evening premieres. Each morning, I plan on stopping by the Palais de Festival to see what I can get. I suppose I can't be too picky, because let's be honest - seeing any film in the Cannes Film Festival will be amazing.

Looking forward to hearing about more film biz drama and deals, and finally being able to soak up that French Riviera sunshine. Just a matter of days!

No comments: