17 May 2010

Just hours away

Today is the day! In just a few hours, I'll be boarding a plane bound for Frankfurt, Germany, then another to Nice! It's hard to believe it's finally here. I am having a mix of anxiety and excitement, but knowing what adventures are ahead of me keeps much of the anxiety out of my mind.

Onto Cannes news...
Legendary director Jean Luc Godard was a no-show at the premiere of his so-called "last" film today in Cannes. "No Comment" was all the communication from his camp to anyone at Cannes. If he needs a spokesperson at his press conferences, I'd be happy to fill in.

The ever-present question that keeps racking my brain: what films will I see? Well I know I'll be skipping "A Shit Year". I'm not in the mood to be confused the "labyrinthine" plotline, thank you very much. I'm on vacation!
BUT, this one looks excellent, and is already being received well: "Another Year" from our favorite director, Mike Leigh.

In other news, it seems that a lot of press conferences and star-sightings (even it if it is movie critic Manohla Dargis from USA Today) happen at the American Pavilion at the Palais. I'm thinking it'd be worth the $100 membership to be able to lounge with some of the industry's hot shots.

Off to tie up some loose ends...

No comments: