19 May 2010

I am here!!

Today is my first full day in Cannes... yesterday was a quite (deliriously) long travel day. I spent much of the afternoon and evening trying to acquaint myself with the city. It is much bigger and more compact than I had imagined! There is so much going on, people EVERYWHERE, and the festival area is seriously enormous. I picked up my badge (it even has a picture of me on it!), then proceeded to walk around the Palais. Nearly every film production/promoter/etc. company EVER has a booth here, and they have plenty of materials to try and convince you to see their film. Speaking of films, I am hoping to see a couple today: "Certified Copy" and "Tamara Drewe". They both have played once already, so I'm hoping it's not too crowded.



I'm getting ahead of myself, though... the star-sightings began right off the bat yesterday on my flight from Frankfurt to Nice. All of a sudden I found myself standing within feet of Rachel Bilson (of The OC fame)! She was surprisingly flying solo, but had an ENORMOUS rock on my finger (I've forgotten... who is she engaged to?). I was shocked that she didn't have an entourage and even had to pick up her own baggage. Anyway, once I was in Cannes I meandered around the red carpet and saw the procession of "stars" for the premiere film last night. The only one I recognized was Gael Garcia Bernal... but I'm sure there will be more!



I'm off to find some breakfast, and try and stay out of the rain (BOO!). More later...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhh sounds like so much fun! I am soo jealous.
Rachel is engaged to Hayden Christensen :-). DOn't worry EAlm I will fill you in on all the celeb details!