04 May 2010

Gearing up for the big trip

There is always so much to think about and plan before you depart for a big trip. (I hope I don't forget anything!) On May 17th, I'll fly over the Atlantic Ocean, connect in Frankfurt, and finally find myself in Nice, France. I have 5 nights of Cannes Film Festival activities to look forward to - in addition to some of my own sight-seeing and exploring on the French Riviera. I don't know many details concerning my day-to-day plans, but I do know that I want to see some great movies!

The official selection for Cannes has been announced (http://www.festival-cannes.fr/en/article/57145.html).

It's hard to say which ones will be the shining stars, but it's no secret that some of the best and most interesting films, that are often later recognized with Oscars and other accolades, make their premieres in Cannes. I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed, no matter which films I get to see. I'll post my own esteemed reviews and impressions of whatever I end up seeing - it won't be any Ebert-like critique, but will hopefully be of some interest!

13 days and counting...

No comments: